Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Theres a Gymnasium




Today we found a gym! We already knew there was a workout gym... we found an actual gym with a basketball court, indoor soccer, and badmitton. I didn't know people actually played that game but the canadians and the Scottish guys love it. We played soccer and basketball for 3 hours! I cant wait to use this new find more.

I found one of the good cooks tonight! His name is Matt. When I was going through the line I got to the spaghetti and I asked him, well is it good? He said, heck yea, I made it all from scratch. It was bomb! Maybe I should ask him for his number so I can text him asking what he made that day... =) Probably creepy.

There is a security gate at the main road and we had to drive outside for about 10 minutes. When we tried to come back in this Indian guy stopped us, made all of us come inside and yelled at us for about 5 minutes about having to keep our badges on us at all times and why we didnt have them. When we told him they were in our rooms he said, well thats where you should be too. (apply Indian accent) He went on to give us a hard time about our truck not having the correct type of pass for our work.. Meanwhile, there is another security guard that is soooo embarrassed he just kept turning around, shaking his head, and laughing at the Indian guy. Whenever he would laugh at the Indian guy, it would make me laugh at him too. I guess this Indian guy didnt like laughter when they are trying to make a point. He finally just through his hands in the air and said, get out! The whole thing was really funny - apparently hard to convey in writing. =)

On a side note, I have great news! The Internet is really good now. The IT guys seem to have ironed out the networking problems and the fiber line was upgraded so now the Internet actually works. (unless you have up-to-date software on your ipad/iphone!) I don't seem to be the only one who realizes this either. During the day there is lots of downloading and it really bogs down the Internet. Soooo, I have found success in staying up late and playing video games, YouTube, and emails to use the speed.

Tomorrow is prime rib day - Im stoked!

2 comments:

  1. Yay a gym! Now you can practice your dunking skills! You need to start taking some videos :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would really appreciate a picture of your dinner so we know what we have to judge over here....
    Do you need us to send you some good food? Maybe some horseradish for that prime rib? :)

    ReplyDelete