Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Everything Freezes!!!!

Another job is behind me and the problems were all together different than the first job. First off, the heat in our pickup is still broken and we have to drive for 20-25 minutes in -30 degree weather! Its crazy how fast things freeze here. I spilled a cup of water in the logger and went outside to get some paper towels and when I came back in 30 seconds later the water was already almost frozen! We continued to have problems with freezing as the sheaves, caps, connections, even the encoder wheels froze! To get them to thaw, you either have to pour ethenol on them or hit them with the steam gun. I also got to experience the worst backspool in my life. (not my fault :-) For most of you who dont know what a backspool is, imagine running your hand over a spool of wire in the opposite direction than it is spun. The wire naturally gets looser and eventually gets bigger and less organized. Well on our big spool of wire, when that happens many of the wires get crossed and causes what we call a birdcage. (The wire is not tight to the drum, or spindle) Long story short, this problem caused me to stand out in the -35 degree weather for about two hours. I was not happy.

We had steak and speghetti for dinner tonight. Definately my favorite meal here at this camp. I have changed my opinion of the food here. I believe that there are 2-3 great cooks here and all the other ones are crap! There is no way you can explain that some food is 4/5 - 5/5 good and others score in the negatives... The other bummer is, you never know whats going to be good. For lunch we had fish (crap), chicken (crap) and minestrone (AWESOME). Sometimes its the main course that is good, other times the soup is good, other times the sides are good. I need to figure out who made what then start asking, did so-n-so make that? Then make my decision. =)

An interesting fact of this camp is that everyone takes their shoes off to go inside anywhere. See the picture of all the shoes outside the cafeteria. Wierd huh?

I have somehow gotten the role of our company rep for this camp. It sounds like that would be a good things, but I have to take all the calls for the jobs, get all of the sales orders from billing, and explain why and how things went wrong. Not to mention the fact that all the geologists here are really bad! They literally have no clue whats going on. On my next job, I plan to see how far I can string one along. =)

I ran 5 miles today! I think I coud have gone longer, but my shoe was hurting me, (which is wierd because I have ran in these shoes a long time) and I get really bored. I need to get some stand up comedy or some radio shows on my iphone.

I got word this morning that my best friend Adam and his wife Erin is having a baby! I am soo excited for them! At this point they have been in labor for 30+ hours!!! Adam says, "The baby just likes where it is." I cant wait to hear what the sex is!

I found out some sad news today. A few of you may know that I would really like to start my own business and my most recent idea has already been started in Bakersfield! I was going to give home automation, high tech audio video, and networking a shot. But now I found that 4 other companies thought thats a great idea too and have already been in the market! *%&^($*@ If anyone has some good ideas let me know.

On the up side, my internet finally works in my room! YAY! So that means that I can Skype Chelsea, surf the net, and write on my blog whenever I want. =)


Thank you baby Jesus for the bunny that had to die for my life saving hat!

My room... I clean for no one =)

View from my bed, I spend alot of time in this position

The hallway, my room is the first one on the right - right by the door. GRRR

Thats not a trailer! Thats my luxury apartment! I sleep right under the PTI sign.

Many more luxury apartments.

A HUGE operation.

Take off your shoes

HEY YOU TOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment