Thursday, January 27, 2011

Thank You, Come Again

Today was awesomely productive! Its an amazing feeling when something that seems very difficult or daunting is tackled! As I wrote in previous blogs, the IT guys here have no idea why the iOS4.2.1 doesn't connect to their network and until today I was unable to use my iphone or ipad! After many 10's of hours the answer was simply in having my computer be a proxy server and having my iPad send requests through my computer. Now I can get on the Internet, check my email, update Mint, and get new books! On top of all this I found a great feature to my favorite book app. (starts with a K ends with an indle) Apparently, you can unregister account 1, keep the books on account 1 and register account 2 and get all the books from that account too - for free!!! They never delete the books downloaded to the device. So if your a close friend or family expect to be badgered for users/passwords. =)

I got to see first hand today what addiction looked like. One of our operators, a new friend of mine, is crazy addicted to online poker. Granted he only plays for a few dollars, but he loves getting into these big tournaments where the payouts are in the thousands. We were all going to dinner and there he is sitting in the big comfy chairs outside the mess hall with his computer in his lap. We asked him if he wanted to come to dinner, he looked up for one second and said yea after this tournament. There were 130 people left to go. (For those of you non-poker players, that takes a LONG time.) He never made it to dinner. Now - 5 hours later - I saw him in the hall, rushing outside. I asked him, "Whats going on?" He said that he was on a 5 minute break in another tournament and had to get a smoke. LOL - I have to wonder, is that what I looked like back when I played?

I found out the hard way, just now, that if you leave water in a plastic bottle for days it starts to smell like fart. I went to go clean it with hot water, but the water was so dangerously hot that the bottle started to melt in my hands!!! It cleaned it all right - now it tastes like plastic.

The best part of today was at 5:30pm when the dining room opened with PRIME RIB! This is by far my favorite meal. Two pieces of thick rare prime is unbeatable except maybe by Mom's chicken pot pie, Chelsea's hot spaghetti, Erin's bacon green beans, or Mom-Moms crescent rolls. The puzzling thing about Tuesday (steak night) and Thursday (Prime Rib) is that they choose to put out the best salad bar and desert bar on those nights also... Wouldn't you think that if they know that everyone is going to be eating steak or prime rib, that they would save their other good cards for different days? Someone wasn't a very good Euchre player.

The last great part about today is that my company stock soared up to $43.30 from ~39 two days ago! Wooohoo.

I have been getting alot of requests for pictures, I will try to be better about taking pictures and putting them on the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment