Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Easy Money!

Its been several days since I wrote my last post. The lack of internet is driving me crazy, not to mention that I haven't been able to Skype Chelsea for a week! The rigs were late again and we didn't work from the 5th to the 10th! So it was pretty easy, I was living the hard life of billiards, ping-pong, and TV while making great money! Woot!

One interesting fact about the camp that I am working at... Everyone takes off their boots after they enter a building. Since there is no mega building and if your on a mission to get something done or find someone it gets repetitive taking your shoes off and on...

Today was our first job which I am at right now. We had to wait for 7 hours to start logging on location... no fun! I cant get my head around the fact that we are driving over swamplands that have been frozen. Its actually really cool how they prepare the land. Once the weather gets to freezing they bring light duty water trucks in and build up the ice layer-by-layer. After the ice is thick enough we literally drive, walk, and live on ice!!!

You probably know that eating is one of my favorite things to do on this earth. I wish I could say that I am on cloud nine eating great food, but it is really bad. Not only is the food bad, the cafeteria is only open from 5:30-830, 12-1, and 5:30-8:30. If you don't make it in those hours, too bad, no food!!! I got burned this morning when I woke up at 10:00 and had to wait 2 hours to eat breakfast! (I hadn't eaten for 18 hours)

Today we got the satellite on our loggers fixed so we have decent reliable internet. Unfortunately it is still not fast enough to Skype! X-| Hopefully at my next camp the internet will work well.

Ive attached some pictures. The first one looks as cold as it is here. -20C that day. The second one is me miserable on the same day. The last one made me laugh, it reminded me of the cartoon characters that got frozen in ice and the icicles are off the back. -35C with lots of wind on that day!!! (I was too miserable for a picture)

No comments:

Post a Comment